In consideration of the acceptance of Student (your child) by Santa Fe School for the Arts & Sciences (“SFSAS” or “school”), a New Mexico non-profit corporation, and for other valuable consideration,
the undersigned parent(s) or guardian(s), (“parent” or “family”) and SFSAS agree as follows:
2. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement,
termination of a child’s enrollment by the parents with or without cause, must be preceded by a 90-day prior written notice of termination. The parents will be responsible for tuition during this 90-day period.
3. SFSAS reserves the right to terminate any child’s enrollment without prior notice, with or without cause.
There will be no adjustments in tuition when SFSAS is closed for vacations, holidays, snow days (days when Santa Fe Public Schools are closed due to snow or adverse weather conditions) or emergency situations, or when the child is absent due to illness, vacation or for any other reason. SFSAS reserves the right to change the tuition rate with 30-day prior written notice. Tuition is subject to increase from year to year. This tuition agreement is valid for the school year August 2024 through May 2025.
**Requires sign up for ACH Automatic Payment from checking or savings account
5. Tuition is due by the 5th day of each month. In the event that the parent(s) fail(s) to pay tuition by the due date, SFSAS may charge an additional $10/day until such time as full payment is made. If a family has an unforeseen extenuating circumstance one month, and the family is unable to pay its monthly tuition by the 5th of the month, the family may discuss the matter with the executive director prior to the 5th of the month. The executive director may work out a payment schedule for that month. Families who fail to pay tuition for two months shall be sent a written letter from the school documenting failure to pay. Families may then be required to enroll in the monthly ACH program for tuition payments to be made automatically from a checking or savings account until balance is paid in full. In the event SFSAS is required to institute collection and/or legal proceedings to collect tuition and fees or enforce this contract, the parent(s) agree to pay the school’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and all other costs of collection. A $15.00 service charge will be added to tuition for any returned checks.
Until all financial obligations have been satisfied in full, SFSAS will not release interim or end-of-year records or transcripts.
6. If the child is left at SFSAS after normal pick up time and a parent has not called the school to request aftercare time, the parents will pay additional child care fees of $1.00 per minute for the time the child remains at school. Parents also have the option of calling to request drop in aftercare if they are running late after school. If a child is left at SFSAS after 5:30 pm the parent(s) agree to pay $1.00 per minute.
7. The parent(s) agree to pay for any outside support deemed necessary, including, but not limited to, evaluations, testing, tutoring, therapies, or counseling.
8. The parent(s) agree to pay SFSAS for any damages
or losses caused by the child to school property. The parent(s) recognize that SFSAS is not responsible for damages to or loss of personal property left on school grounds.
1. SFSAS will communicate and have posted a list of its holidays each semester. SFSAS will be closed in the event of an emergency situation that may require closings such as staff shortages, or other emergencies that would require closing the school for the well-being and safety of the children. SFSAS is not responsible for arranging or seeking alternate child care when SFSAS is closed.
2. SFSAS will only release a child to those persons
listed by the parents in writing as having authority to pick up that child. If it appears to SFSAS that any person who is picking up the child is in any way a threat to the welfare and safety of the child, SFSAS may refuse to let that person pick up the child. The parent(s) waive any claim against SFSAS in connection with any decision about refusing/allowing to let the child be picked up by such a person.
3. The parent(s) shall give to SFSAS a complete and
current immunization record for the child, or an
official exemption, and the child will not be able to attend SFSAS without such an immunization record or exemption.
4. SFSAS, in its sole discretion, may prohibit any child who is ill from attending SFSAS. An ill child may not return to school until the child is well enough to participate in all school activities, including outdoor activities.
5. If the child is injured, SFSAS may provide
emergency first-aid, or transportation to medical
facilities, as seem necessary. SFSAS is authorized to make emergency decisions relating to emergency
first-aid or transportation to medical facilities. In doing so, SFSAS is not acting in lieu of a nurse, doctor, or other medical person; rather SFSAS is acting on behalf of the parent(s) who waive any right or claim against SFSAS in connection with emergency first-aid or transportation to medical facilities. The parent(s) at all times will remain fully liable for the care and well-being of the child and are responsible for
payment for any services provided to the child
including, but not limited to, emergency first-aid,
transportation to medical facilities and medical
6. The terms of this agreement may not be modified
except by a written statement signed by SFSAS and
the parent(s). The waiver of any terms of this
agreement shall not be construed as a continuing
waiver or a waiver of any other terms. The remedies
set forth in this agreement are cumulative and are not exclusive. If, for any reason, any of the provisions in this agreement are unenforceable, the other terms of this agreement will remain in full force and effect.
7. SFSAS requires that all parents with custodial rights to a child execute this agreement, and parent(s) hereby warrant that all such signatories encompass all those persons with custodial rights.
8. The parent(s) or guardians hereby acknowledge that they have received access to the SFSAS Parent & Student School Handbook, the terms and
conditions of which are hereby incorporated by
reference and are in full force and effect, as if set forth fully herein.
9. This agreement represents the entire agreement of the parties, and any previous agreements not set forth herein are hereby void.
By signing below, I am agreeing to the Enrollment Contract I received to enroll my child for the 2024-2025 School Year at Santa Fe School for the Arts & Sciences.
I understand that my School Year Fee is non-refundable and due in full by July 1, 2024.
This Enrollment Contract shall not become effective until accepted by an Authorized School Officer at SFSAS.